05 December 2009

whooops! we've been busy...

I haven't forgotten you. We've been busy with the arrival of all our stuff and the internet has been darn flaky every time I felt like sharing.

Our big shipment of stuff arrived as well as the five boxes of stuff we shipped from my brother's house in October. Everything is here now and well... I'd happily send half of it back. All this stuff is draining my energy. But then it isn't really about me....while I'm in clutter hell, the Boo is in toy heaven.

As you can see, Diego is as concerned as we are about the current toy takeover of the house.

While the Boo was enjoying school, I avoided our cluttered house (because you need to leave the de-clutter fairies plenty of time to do their work in peace...) by going motorcycle shopping with our favorite Quebecois astronomer, Bruno.  Buying a vehicle, whether two or four wheels, is a great way to see all sorts of different parts of Cape Town and meet a variety of very cool South Africans. I learned a lot about the diverse riding community in Cape Town and Bruno rode off into the sunset on a gorgeous BMW 800GS.  I may just have to work my way up to joining him.


We are now enjoying a gorgeous Cape Town weekend.  Kicked it off this morning with a Cape Crossfit workout on the beach.  Timmy and the Boo got up in time to join me and while they soaked up the sand and the surf, I "worked out."  But really, nothing that fun is really work.   Sorry, no pictures (next time)...but envision yourself getting superfit while frolicking on the sand in Malibu with an excellent cafe right across the street ready to serve you a yummy breakfast post-workout.  Oh, and don't forget the excellent company ;) and gorgeous weather. Well, that's what it was like, only instead of Southern California it was Camp's Bay, South Africa and even better ;)

The only reason we left was because the Boo's social calendar is starting to fill.  We had 2 birthday parties to go to today (in opposite directions from home...).  But we had to do a little social triage and pick one which was a bit of a no-brainer since the princess turning 5 today was none other then the little girl that basically took the Boo by the hand and introduced him to everyone and everything on his first day at his new school.  Plus her party had a slip and slide (the other party had monkeys, but ummm... don't tell the Boo that ;)

Get ready, get set, go:

Slide:

Splash:

Smile:

Repeat:

1 comment:

  1. Oh, we forgive you! This is fantastic. Love, love, love how much fun you're having. I may need to look into this crossfit thing.Maybe I just need to look into this working out thing. Sigh. Boo looks like he is having a blast!

    ReplyDelete